vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can help!

British gas told me last time they serviced my worcester bosch combi boiler that the vents in the walk in cupboard door it sits in are not big enough and due to some legislation that came in last June if it was still the same next time they came they would either take the door off or shut down the boiler.

I rang them this morning to ask what size vents I actually need and they say they have to send an engineer to look, I can't believe it's that complicated as surely the model would give them the information? Otherwise how do they know it's not compliant! So apparently I have to take a morning off work for them to send an engineer. If any one can tell me how to find this information out without doing this, it would really help!

It's about 8 years old and I think was equivalent of the Greenstar 27 model at the time.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Only legislation change is for open flued boilers only if you have a 8 year old worcester it will possibly be a cdi which only needs compartment ventilation for cooling purposes if certain clearances can't be met.Worst thing that could happen is that you will be given a n.t.c.s. letter

Thanks for the reply.

I had a n.t.c.s letter before, and in the past they said it was up to me if I did anything. But at the last service they said the wording was changing in the legislation to say 'Must' rather than leaving it as an option.

I'm getting the impression BG don't know what they are talking about. As I was sure if it was such a big thing it would be far easier to find out about.

If you tell us exactly what model your boiler is we will be able to tell you the ventilation requirements.

Sponsored Links
I'm hoping someone can help!

British gas told me last time they serviced my worcester bosch combi boiler that the vents in the walk in cupboard door it sits in are not big enough and due to some legislation that came in last June if it was still the same next time they came they would either take the door off or shut down the boiler.

Since they didn't do so then, it must still be safe to use, surely. So, what, then, is the purpose of this legislation if it makes no effect to the safety nor functionality of the appliance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back