VentAxia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I’m looking to fit a timed extractor. Newly plastered room. Like a muppet I’ve fitted 2 core and earth and have not taken a permanent feed from the light switch!?*
What can I do? I do have a permanent feed on a spare fused spur near by off the ring I could connect into. Would that work?

Sponsored Links
Even if it did, it is poor practice.

You could investigate using an SELV fan. Some of those use only two cores.

But you'd have a transformer box outside the room.

Hello

I’m looking to fit a timed extractor. Newly plastered room. Like a muppet I’ve fitted 2 core and earth and have not taken a permanent feed from the light switch!?*
What can I do? I do have a permanent feed on a spare fused spur near by off the ring I could connect into. Would that work?

It may work, but it would be very wrong to mix circuit and would cause the RCBO / RCD
to trip.

Are you aware that you can still work the fan without the timer function by connecting a switched live wire to both PL and SL on the fan?

Have you used twin & earth cable from the light to the fan?

Sponsored Links
Or, if you have not already purchased the fan, buy one with a built in PIR and instead of the switch wire you could just connect to L+N+E.

Are you aware that you can still work the fan without the timer function by connecting a switched live wire to both PL and SL on the fan?

Have you used twin & earth cable from the light to the fan?

Hi I’ve twin and earth from the light to wire to. If I do this though the run on timer won’t work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back