Ventcroft Classic Compact Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone happen to know when the Ventcroft Classic went obsolete?

I have been looking for a cheapish sounder for a replacement on a garage and spotted one for sale. Just wondered if it was old what state the battery would be in

Sponsored Links
Its impossible to tell the state of a battery without at least testing it.

As for when a product went obsolete, not used it so don't know. Have you tried to contact Ventcroft?

There are lots of sounders out there that are not expensive.

It was more of a passing thought I think. Factor in the P&P and I get a new Odyssey 2e for not much more - this also has the advantage that it covers most of the unpainted area on the wall where the current H-type box lives

Think it's still made .... BUT it's more cost effective to swop to new bellbox as a replacement nicad will cost £10-12

Sponsored Links
I just had a quick look around and found some saying it was obsolete, ventcroft website wasn't much help either.

IMG_3209.PNG

Overall, I think it's going to be the Ody 2 to replace the existing. I think I thought of the Ventcroft as it is 114dB as opposed to 109dB on the Ody 2e for much the same price. I checked the Ody 3e sounder on my house and it is plenty loud enough for a garage at the end of the garden.

Thanks for the replies!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back