Venting a downstairs loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to fit an extractor into my new downstairs toilet,it doesn't have a window, can I vent the pipe into the adjacent garage? (there's a bedroom above the garage)

Sponsored Links
Thanks lads, that's a shame...........when you think about it, if you can park a car in a garage that is soaking wet, dries and allows all that moisture into the room and when you start it, it puffs exhaust fumes into the garage, there should be no problem with a loo extractor fan venting some fart fumes into that same area!!! How ridiculous is that!

Sponsored Links
The amount of moisture, fumes, whatever, that the car can release is finite (in order for it to continue, the garage door has to be opened so that the car can go and get more petrol, rain, etc). The toilet on the other hand can sit there quietly farting away for ever (or until the garage blows up).

And if you've drove this car through a field full of dog crap, then yes, it would be just the same as venting the toilet into the garage.

I thought it was for fire reasons not a problem with the garage. Certainly one I looked at, building control required the duct for the utility room to be boxed in with plasterboard. Otherwise the fire from the garage could go straight through!

What I meant above is, have the vent pipe pass through the garage to the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back