Venting Back Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a gas fire and back boiler and would like to remove the fire (which was condemend a while ago and disconnected, basically just leaving a useless ugly gas fire on the chimney breast) and just leave the backboiler.
My Questions are
Can i remove the fire and then fill in/panel some of the larger hole venting the back boiler if so what size vent would i require.
I understand i would have to make and inspection door/panel.

I will in the nearish future remove the back boiler and fit a combi upstairs but funds at the moment say not until next winter. It might sound like a lot of work to some, but i'm in the middle of decorating and when you take 1 hour to remove 2 foot of wallpaper from where a picture rail used to be and it had been painted superglued up...its a peice of cake

Hoping someone can advise

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My Questions are
Can i remove the fire and then fill in/panel some of the larger hole venting the back boiler if so what size vent would i require.
Not on your life mate.(It very well could be)

make up a casket while your at it the fire is part of the flue system

and as already stated its a combined appliance :eek:

Sponsored Links
I think thats a no then..cheers guys.

Think i'll get some quotes in for the combi upstairs and start saving

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back