Venting extractor fan through roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope this isn't a repeat!

I have an en-suite in the loft and want to add an extractor fan that will vent out through the roof. There's an existing skylight for ventilation, but in winter it's too draughty to open it even a crack!

I was thinking of using an in-line vent, like http://www.klober.co.uk/product3.php?id=75. Has anyone used something like this before? Are there any problems, e.g. with rain getting in? Does anyone have a vent tile that they'd recommend at all that's easily fixed to the extractor pipe?

I'm planning to fit this myself, and am expecting it to be straightforward, as I've fitted extractors and so on before without problems. Is there anything likely to crop up that I might have overlooked?

Thanks for your help,

Miles

Sponsored Links
Nice one ;) But how much for courier delivery to London. Also Can you trust people`s measurements for back gutters etc. Liked your video on you tube too.

Thanks, but I'm not sure it looks that straightforward to fit into an existing roof.

I'd been hoping to use something flat that would be a one-to-one replacement for an existing tile, so I didn't have to take a whole section of roof off...

Sponsored Links
hi Mr Miles the post by jackfoley may be of interest as it covers a similar topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back