Verification of Ring not adding up

Yeah, further investigation is required. You may find a cross connection, incorrect cable used, spur on spur etc. Have you checked the results from the socket backs, just in case it is being caused by a bad connection to the socket front?

Sponsored Links
RobFurn said:
I did think of worn contacts so whilst I was tightnig ALL of the connections on EVERY socket I tested on the reverse as well with the same result :cry: .

easy way to find if it's a bridged ring is to leave the CU ends open, then remove the ends from the socket and test for continuity of the 2 legs at the socket..
should be open circuit..

while it's like this, connect live to neutral on one leg and test the resistance at the CU.. repeat for the other leg..

Dont forget to take you camera when you go tracking the fault ;)

I recently found NINE points spurred from a single point on a ring. All the points were in the kitchen.

Did you try any end to end continuity tests at any of the socket outlets?

rammedJB.jpg

The JB was a spur its self :eek:

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
Did you try any end to end continuity tests at any of the socket outlets?

not yet RF but thats what Im going to do next. Armed with camera I shall go and will post anything of interest.
Cheers again to all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back