Veritas 8 - PIR Sensor Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having an issue with a Veritas * standard system that was installed before I bought a property.

I have all the documentation and have read it through, the house has been renovated and during which I have replaced the sensors (misses wanted something newer looking).

The alarm has no tamper circuit wired in (original loop still in place, although the tamper wires are connected everywhere else).

I'm having an issue with sensor on zone 2. Every time I exit engineer mode even in an unset state the alarm activates off the PIR. the wiring is compliment, the +- feeds are as per the rest, the communication feeds the same.

I'm planning on swapping a PIR for testing, but thought it worth a post on here on the off chance I had missed something. Before anybody kicks off like in a few other posts on other forums, this is clearly a DIY installed alarm previously, it works, I don't use it for an insurance discount and would prefer not to call someone out. Quite frankly I would remove the system and install a wireless one before incurring an installer expense.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Most common cause of zone 2 activating on a veritas when system unset is it is set to zone type 4 fire

This done using engineers code 1234

1234 program 1234 program will set zone 2 to fire.

Where is zone 2 in the property.

On the entryy Exit route but not the entry door need zone type 2,

If its the entry door zone type 6 other rooms type 3.

That makes sense! And one reason to make sure the eng code is changed!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back