Veritas Alarm Will not Set (all PIR Open)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have Veritas 8 Alarm

I hope some one can help here. I was insulating my loft and I cut the cable to one of my alarm sensors, only about 5 cm from the alarm so I re soldered it.

This is when the issues started.

Now when I go to set the alarm all PIR lights show they are active, however, the door switch and the panic switch are not lit up.

I can not set the alarm at all.

Here is a video of what is is doing
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6X5nb7t1WxFydv7a6

I have even gone into the alarm box and put a loop connection to the landing sensor to see if that stops the issues, all it does it turn the light off on the open circuits when I try and set the alarm.

The worrying issue is that I cut one wire from a sensor going to the main box, how can this cause every PIR to show that it is open.

I have now been playing around with it that much I have the tamper light on (which I cant get off as as I can not set the alarm)

Any help on this issue would be really good.

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
You have blown the 1amp fuse on the control panel ... if your lucky the spare fuse pack is still in the panel !

Blown fuse when cut through cable.
Check fuse on circuit board and see if any of the pirs light up when they see movement.

THanks Gents,

I though I had checked them, but it did turn out the be the fuse.

All sorted now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back