Veritas 8 Tamper Light comming on although alarm is not set

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a technical argument about how the electronics of a system work then start a new thread. (he won't).

Do you remember writing this Saxo? (about your abilities)

"thanks Bernard as you have worked out I`m not nor ever claimed to be technically knowledgable to your level, just someone out in the field making these devices work"

and whats that got to do with experiance (and keeping records) ?

fact is we (that is full time alarm engineers) change more batteries than any other device on a system, either during a service visit or due to a call out, the most comman manifestation of a bad battery on an older system ( as indeed this panel design is) is a tamper signal

if the age of the system is unknown ( ie a new occupier etc ) then a new battery is always fitted during the first service visit

it really is that simple

bell box tamper ? pah why`s it not going off when its set hmm ?

Sponsored Links
If you changed your batteries regularly you wouldn't have battery faults. Why don't you change them?

And tell me which panel alerts the user to a bad battery by setting off a tamper fault in the middle of the night? Not the one we are discussing.

Oh and if there is a bad battery - why is it not setting off the tamper when the alarm is set?

The reason that the siren micro-switch often plays up is due to the conditions in the middle off the night as the temperature drops the cover contracts. If the switch is 'just on a knife-edge' it's just enough to trigger the tamper.

I change the batteries regularly on my systems so a bad battery is a rare fault. Bell-box tampers though can be a pain.

If you changed your batteries regularly you wouldn't have battery faults. Why don't you change them?

as I put - if the age is unknown ie not one of our sites - fool

And tell me which panel alerts the user to a bad battery by setting off a tamper fault in the middle of the night? Not the one we are discussing.

each and every panel without a LCD display will set a tamper for a bad battery - its how there designed

Oh and if there is a bad battery - why is it not setting off the tamper when the alarm is set?

guess what - its how there designed

The reason that the siren micro-switch often plays up is due to the conditions in the middle off the night as the temperature drops the cover contracts. If the switch is 'just on a knife-edge' it's just enough to trigger the tamper.

not in this case - its usually to do with the economy seven swtiching and the network operators working on their systems. Bell tampers happen in the daytime when the cover warms up - never the other way round

I change the batteries regularly on my systems so a bad battery is a rare fault. Bell-box tampers though can be a pain.

no you dont - your not an alarm engineer as your posts show, stop kidding yourself you are

If you believe that load of twaddle you'll believe anything.

You admit you haven't got a clue about how an alarm system works - and you've just proved it.

Absolutely clueless.

Sponsored Links
If you believe that load of twaddle you'll believe anything.

You admit you haven't got a clue about how an alarm system works - and you've just proved it.

Absolutely clueless.

or in other words you`ve had a quick google and realise your out on a limb - Joe theres only one member here posts wrong on every topic and it isnt me

now who said I have no idea how alarm systems work ? I have no idea how the design engineer made it work but I`ve more knowledge in my left sack than you have in your body about what they do when they are working

so answer the question - whats the significance of the 400ms response time ?

If you want a technical argument about how a tamper system works (ie the electronics involved) start another thread. Otherwise give it a miss. You are only trying to get the thread locked so that your obvious lack of real knowledge doesn't surface (too much that is). :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If you want a technical argument about how a tamper system works (ie the electronics involved) start another thread. Otherwise give it a miss. You are only trying to get the thread locked so that your obvious lack of real knowledge doesn't surface (too much that is). :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what kind of discussion would that be ? I have no urge ( or need to know ) the electronics involved and its obvious you dont know - thats why you keep asking, though when someone who does know component level joins in you soon disapear - what you scared of ?

but I do know alarms and I also know this fault is a dead battery - how ?

experiance and knowledge, the two things your missing

for the past 4 years i have serviced on average 1500 systems per year (95% R8s ) for a big local company.

shorted/dead/duff/buggered battery, call it what you want, it will indicate by the unset light flashing first (very very short some times) then once the battery drags the voltage below 9v it will develop a tamper as a secondary warning.

The amperage is far more important than the voltage. The alarm will cease to function properly while there is still 12 volts at the battery if the amperage drops.

A panel will operate quite happily without a battery so where does that fit into your scheme of things? When a battery goes open circuit(atrophy) it is effectively removed from the system - but it won't show anything at the panel. (At least not on the Texecom R8)

Not only that, the system will not function when in the set mode with a badly short-circuit battery without constant false alarms way before you get a buckled and leaking 9volts.

FFS
Joe. Give it a rest.

you mean FFS Joe, listen to what the rest of the posters are posting - it really is you out on your own and WRONG again

you dont understand control panels, you cant fault find and your logic is flawed

give it up your simply WRONG yet again

Let's have the technical discussion then.

By your own admission you know nothing about electronics

You said: "I have no urge ( or need to know ) the electronics involved"

In other words - you know Diddly Squat.

BTW, Davydunt's post suggests that you are wrong - not me.

about component level electronics yes thats true - as I said I work with systems and leave the geeky stuff to you nerds (sorry Bernard, non intended) where as you just talk about anything you can google an answer to irrespective of your post been right or wrong

oh btw - davydunt says the panel will tamper if the battery dies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back