Veritas 8 Tamper Light comming on although alarm is not set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter that he is looking to replace a 2.1Ah battery with a 2.3Ah one? As long as the 2.3Ah replacement one is 12v and fits in the box I'd have thought it was fine.

Sponsored Links
Suitable battery sizes >

Veritas 8Compact = 1.2 to 2.1Ah

Veritas R8 & R8+ = 1.2 to 7Ah

Sponsored Links
Incorrect/misleading information must be ok and allowed to go unchallenged then.
Nice one.

I purchased the 2.1Ah battery just to be on the safe side. Also noticed these ones are more expensive then the 2.2 and 2.3 version!

You should have gone for one of the larger batteries. 7 ah would have been the best choice. BTW £16.50 is a complete rip-off.

Have you been using the alarm before you started getting problems? Did you test the old battery? You won't cure the fault if the battery wasn't the problem (and it may well not have been).

Yes alarm has been working fine. It only recently developed the fault whereby the tamper buzzer would sounce at intermitent times. The bell box is new so cant be that hence thought i would change the battery as its over 5 years old.

Yes alarm has been working fine. It only recently developed the fault whereby the tamper buzzer would sounce at intermitent times. The bell box is new so cant be that hence thought i would change the battery as its over 5 years old.

The thing is that there are good reasons (technical ones) why you are unlikely to get tamper faults with a duff battery before you get zone faults from PIRs. In all the years I've been fixing alarms I've yet to see tamper problems come up before zone problems.

Just because your siren is new doesn't mean that the tamper switch/spring is fully closed. Then when it's out in the weather you get expansion and contraction that is just enough to open the switch for just long enough to cause spurious triggering.
I'd link out the terminals at the panel if the battery you have removed was a good one. But you may as well try the battery first being as you have already bought it.

The thing is that there are good reasons (technical ones) why you are unlikely to get tamper faults with a duff battery before you get zone faults from PIRs. In all the years I've been fixing alarms I've yet to see tamper problems come up before zone problems.

wrong, wrong, wrong - have a look at your false alarm statistics ( you know the ones you have to keep if YOU are a real alarm firm) the classic sign of a bad battery is intermitant tamper signals, its how the panels are designed

two lots of bad advice in the same thread - not quite a record is it

O/P ignore Joe - he thinks he`s the proverbial " jack of all trades.." when really he`s only a plasterer

If you want a technical argument about how the electronics of a system work then start a new thread. (he won't).

Do you remember writing this Saxo? (about your abilities)

"thanks Bernard as you have worked out I`m not nor ever claimed to be technically knowledgable to your level, just someone out in the field making these devices work"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back