Veritas Excel - Disabling Alarm Whilst Doing Some Work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My Veritas Excel alarm panel is in a cupboard where I need to carry out some work and it would help if I could temporarily take it off the wall. The panel is right next to the electrical breaker box.

If I disconnect the mains wire going to the box and also remove the battery, can I go on with my work for as long as I need to without the alarm blasting out for the duration?

Is there another/better way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
engineers Code
open unit up
the question is your bell box, if Texecom odyssey and strobe is connected your can place that into hold off mode.

engineers Code
open unit up
the question is your bell box, if Texecom odyssey and strobe is connected your can place that into hold off mode.
Ok thanks. Would my way also work? Taking the box of the wall will give me more room and I'm assuming disconnecting mains power and battery will leave no power for the siren to ring? Or is there still a way the bellbox can sound due to a disconnection?

If the latter then I will need to enter engineer mode, not sure how, but will try to find manual.

Not sure what the bell box model is

Ok thanks. Would my way also work? Taking the box of the wall will give me more room and I'm assuming disconnecting mains power and battery will leave no power for the siren to ring? Or is there still a way the bellbox can sound due to a disconnection?

If the latter then I will need to enter engineer mode, not sure how, but will try to find manual.

Not sure what the bell box model is
As Secureiam says, it depends on your sounder, it will have a rechargeable battery that powers the sounder if the supply from the panel is removed (turned off, removed or cable cut).

You could get the ladders out and disconnect the battery or sounder or let the battery run down.

If it’s a Texecom sounder you can put it into “Hold Off” mode from the keypad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back