Veritas Excel battery replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For about a week already my Veritas Excel alarm refuses to set and instead starts emitting series of 10 beeps. The Power and Tamper lights remain green and don't flash.

Q1: Am I right that the likely cause of this is still the battery needing replacement?

Q2: For Veritas R8 this seems like a straightforward procedure. I presume it's not much harder for the Excel, but... I can't work out how to remove the lid! Unlike the system in this video (
), there are no metal screws on the front (or anywhere else).
Your advice would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
its a power fault, could be mains or battery.(most likely battery)

two plastic screws about half way down on each side? flick out with slotted screw driver, then metal screws Phillips under them, unscrew and lift the cover just like the R8, video looks like Veritas 8 rather than a Veritas R8

Thanks a lot for your quick reply - very helpful!

Am I right that the way to go is switch off the mains in the house and check if the alarm starts complaining - and if it does, it's the battery, otherwise it's the mains.

Also, once I do that (and also if I switch off the mains when actually replacing the battery), will the alarm require any resetting once I power it back up?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
remove the battery as that's the most likely, if the unit is still powered then its almost certainly the battery.

Just be aware of the cables, messy installations(bad ones can make it more awkward than it should be there shouldn't be a risk from the mains and electrical shock but its not impossible if its badly installed.

Battery over 5 years old likely to be the battery.

its rare its the mains unless somethings tripped out and not reset, by now the panel would have almost certaintly gone dead and the outside bell would have rung(depending on what you have?).

rarer still us an internal fault with the power and you need a multimeter to check that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back