! veritas not working ! please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Veritas in my house.
(I think) it’s from 2000.
It’s been working until now.
I was watching TV and I heard a beeping noice (like the alarm reset sound ) coming from the alarm every 1 minute it stopped after 10 of them .
Then, the next day I suddenly heard a noice coming from outside and it was the bell outside sounding.
So I tried entering my passcode in and it wouldn’t stop.
It eventually stopped after 15 minutes.

Now no lights are on the keypad or detectors and please help to fix it because I use it a lot.
F4A64CD4-29DA-4D33-A15A-C7606BEFBD90.jpg

Sponsored Links
When was the alarm battery last replaced ?
Possible faulty battery which has caused a fuse to blow .
Veritas control panel commonly default back to factory settings.

When was the alarm battery last replaced ?
Possible faulty battery which has caused a fuse to blow .
Veritas control panel commonly default back to factory settings.
Hi,
It has been serviced since 2015.
As it has had issues before (I was told), but I didn’t live in the house then.
Here’s the PIR that’s also stopped working.

Attachments

• tempImageMJCFso.png
    tempImageMJCFso.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
I might get it replaced as I am going on holiday soon and do need an alarm.

Sponsored Links
Last serviced 7 yrs ago,bet it needs new battery.
Your detector is an old enforcer and the lens break down and go brittle, bet that wants replacing as well.

Thankyou for your help.

The alarm booted up as I turned the electrics off and on and it seems like it was asking for my code and pretty sure the bellbox sounded for a couple of seconds and it’s back normal.
Very odd

Not odd at all.

if you turned mains off and bell sounded panels back up battery is dead as mentioned already, mains power back on bell stops ringing the panel starts beeping as it starts to set entering your code stops that process.

your original post 10 beeps is indicative of a power fault, whilst you can set the system with a power fault it is prudent to resolve it asap.

it is clear from this thread your Panels backup battery is the most likely cause if your issues You mention.

As for the PIR can’t be certain, you say it’s not working, but don’t say how it’s not working, if anything has been changed and the picture doesn’t tell me much.

Hi thank you all for to help.
It’s odd because it shut off for a few days.
Even though all electricity was on.

The company came round today and decommissioned it as it kept going off in the middle of the night . Said it was a tamper issue, have no idea why as it was a battery issue before.

I silenced it but a few hours later it started doing it again!

So yeah it’s decommissioned now so no worries.

Didn't they test the battery?
Check and take voltage readings.
Just powering the system down has not proved anything.

They might of, but I didn’t watch them do it. Pretty sure the battery has been taken out now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back