Veritas R8 control panel?Texecom D5010 - 02.05 (PCB345) battery query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Texecom D5010 - 02.05 control panel with a Veritas R8 keypad which I have not had chance to look at until today since we moved into the property.

My question is what battery should be used as there is not one inside for me to match against. I have managed to download a copy of the installation manual and it seems to point towards the YUASA 12v 7Ah battery but as I have quite a lot of wires inside the control panel the measurements of this battery are L 151mm x W 65mm x H 97.5 makes it feel as if it will be quite a tight squeeze with them all laying on top of the battery.

The other battery type 12V 2.1Ah which it states is for a compact which measures L 178mm x W 34 x H 64mm which would seem a better fit with more space for the cables.

Is it best to go for the bigger battery and try to squeeze all the cable on top.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Sponsored Links
The Yuasa 7Ah you mention is the one for that panel as you have found.

It may be a bit tight with the cables but it will go in. Lift them up and put them on top of the battery, they will be ok.

Just be carefull with the lid and the fitting of the battery, it can be a bit awkward sometimes, use a couple of cable ties to make it safe.

Don't worry about it, just do it, it's the way it's done with this panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back