Texecom Veritas R8 Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

does anyone know the maximum dimensions of a battery that will fit in the Vertitas R8+ panel?

I have the installation manual, which gives dimensions of 282 x 225 x 80 - but I presume that is for the entire panel rather than the battery enclosure?

The manual states "up to one 7Ah battery" - are all 7AH batteries roughly the same dimensions? (Makes life much easier if this is the case, and renders my initial question redundant!)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just go and buy a 7Ah Alarm Battery, it will fit, forget all the dimension rubbish, a 7Ah fits and is the normal size to be fitted to the Veritas and MANY other alarm systems

ps Why are you thinking that the battery suggested by Texecom for their Veritas R8 is going to be the wrong one/size?

I wasn't questioning Texecom... I wasn't sure if these types of batteries had standard sizes. If they do (which I am now certain is the case) then it is all a non-issue.

If they weren't standard sizes, then in my head I needed to know the max dimensions that whatever battery I bought could be, as one 7ah battery would not necessarily be the same size as another 7ah battery.

Hence asking the question.

However, your comment (and additional googling) has rendered the initial question pointless, as they do all appear to be (more or less) the same size.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back