Veritas R8: disconnecting a wire?

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hello, I need to disconnect just the wire labeled BELL that goes to the Siren.

Will the Siren goes off? Or only the Tamper and/or Power wires will cause that?

Thanks
Gim

Sponsored Links
Yes, it will go off. You will also get a tamper!

Put it into engineers mode to avoid tampers, if you can. If not, open the panel, (tamper - enter code) take a close-up photo of the bell wiring and disconnect it (tamper - enter code). Then try and apply power to the bell (from the battery?). This will stop it ringing. Alternatively, you'll need to get the ladders out and disconnect the bell's internal battery.

Thanks for the answer.

For the records: I did it yesterday (in engineering mode, connected to the mains) and nothing happened. I disconnected the wire, did some cable cleaning, reconnected. All went fine, and the siren did not go off.

I tested it afterwards in user mode and all behaved correctly.

Thanks for the answer.

For the records: I did it yesterday (in engineering mode, connected to the mains) and nothing happened. I disconnected the wire, did some cable cleaning, reconnected. All went fine, and the siren did not go off.

I tested it afterwards in user mode and all behaved correctly.
Not knowing exactly what wires you dissed. I'd suggest, from what you say that there IS a problem.

Your siren should have operated at some time or other, there is (or should be) a battery in the siren box that should have sounded the siren as you were playing.

Either no battery or it has seen better days and is no longer working, so, you do have a problem of one sort or another.

Sponsored Links
As posted in the original post it is the wire labeled BELL.

As posted in the original post it is the wire labeled BELL.
As said, I don't know what 'wire' or "wires".

The bell wire could be the single wire (core) that 'rings' the siren or the 4, 6 or 8 core going to the siren, you don't say which and I'm not a mind reader.

Have fun.

It is the single core wire of the 5 cores connection between the R8 and the siren. The label on that wire is "BELL" as printed in the manual and the board.

I still am not sure wether it should have gone off or not the siren... in my case it didn't (in Engineering Mode).

.......... and it shouldn't have done.

That wire will supply voltage to the siren to make it operate in an alarm condition, the rest of the time it's doing nothing.

.......... and it shouldn't have done.

That wire will supply voltage to the siren to make it operate in an alarm condition, the rest of the time it's doing nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back