Veritas R8 Excel alarm-cant set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, had a strange morning today. Had a power cut that was because of a loose connection coming out of my meter, caused the consumer unit to trip a few times. Resulted in having no power for 5 hours. Power back on now. This afternoon for no reason my alarm (veritas R8 Excel) went off, it was unset. Now when I try to set the alarm it wont set, on the LCD display it justs says P. Iam thinking this means power? But I cant see anything in the manual that I have about the "P" symbol? The green power light on the keypad is a steady green until I try to set it then it flashes. Can anyone help at all? The alarm its self is two and a half years old. Only problem i've had with it was when I had my loft converted last year (builder damaged a cable)

Thanks all for reading my post, hope someone can help!

Sponsored Links
Hello Stevie5tapes,

I have the same 'P' appearing on my control panel. Did you manage to fix your alarm issue?

Any help appreciated.

Warwick

Hi mate i have a veritas 8c with three extra keypads, the power light on the which is the P stays green all the time if you turn the power off it flashes, when you turn power back on its constant, if the dry cell battery inside is on it,s way out mine wont set, battery,s prob goosed.

Sponsored Links
if you try and set as normal and press omit zero(omit power fault), does it set?

in which case there is a power fault, it could be a fuse and or the battery. Usually the battery they don't last forever.

if it still doesn't set, then it could still be the above, however when the battery is pretty much exhausted it can stp the panel from functioning normally.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back