Veritas R8 plus or Honeywell G2-12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, forum virgin here.

I have had my alarm equipment sitting in the garage for 4 years now. It includes the veritas R8 +, a dialer and another keypad. Finally got my a** in gear to get it fitted. the query is to stick with it or buy another panel mentioned by a fitter, the honeywell.

Do i need to buy a new panel or will the veritas be good enough?

Thanks. :?:

Sponsored Links
If it works and your happy with it then dont worry.
If you want a far better panel with an extra 4 zones then the Galaxy is the one.

Thanks Alarm, not fitted yet. Any drawbacks with the veritas. A fitter said he was not familar so would charge extra to use the veritas. Would the Galaxy accept a few extra sensory wirelessly.

Ahh, the "I do not support that panel" debate. He could its not difficult. Wires up the same as most panels as does the Galaxy. Cannot see why he would charge more TBH.

Yes the Galaxy with a RF Rio will accept all the zones wireless or a mixture.
Always a better thing to do is hardwire the external sounder. And the panic buttons if used.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, Alarm. I think I will stick with the Veritas. I forgot to place wires near to my rear doors. Thats why I was thinking of placing some wireless door entry sensor or vibration sensors. I'll do this when I decorate!!

Again thanks Otherwise it would've taken me to decide. :confused:

Hi, Sajio you can get wireless receivers that can hardwire in to any alarm panel visonic & risco do some, however i have never used them as my system is all hardwired. If the guy you are using to fit your alarm can program a galaxy then he should be able to fit and program a veritas. Its like a mechanic saying he can fix a Bentley but not a ford fiesta. If he is going to charge you more i would find someone else, But most installers wouldn't install your supplied equipment as it wouldn't be under warranty :D

Thanks, Doherty1234.

I am in a dilemma, I have the materials just been preoccupied to have it fitted! I got another quote and he was happy to fit the equipment. he would only garauntee his own work not the equipment used. I was told it should be ok. If any problems do arise what would I replace the panel with?

Hi, Sajio if the installer is happy to fit your own equipment then thats good. However ask him if he could provide service & maintainance contract on your system you will have to pay extra. But its worth it for any emergency faults & you wouldnt have to pay a call out fee. Usually around £70 to £110 depends what package you opt for. Equipment Supplied and Fitted usually comes with 12 months parts & labour & You pay for a service contract after this period but because your equipment is supplied by you then i would think you would have to pay upfront for 12 months service cover, Its worth having :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back