Veritas R8 Replacement (Maybe)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Veritas R8 alarm panel fitted about 19 years ago by an installer who is no longer in business and I don't know the engineer code.

I considered resetting the panel but saw that the installer may have locked the code so I thought I may replace the panel with the a newer version of the same one.

I am quite comfortable with electrics and I presume that I can just swap the cables over from the old panel to the new one and then programme it.

My concern however is when the sounder is disconnected from the existing panel I presume it will sound until I connect it to the new one, power on and reset it. Is this correct or is there a way of swapping it without the sounder going off?

Many thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links
Full case or pcb swop ....?
Full case remove bell cable and put the bell +/- on battery
Pcb drop old pcb out still on battery , clip new one in running on ac , swop over keypad wires , then swop over bell wires ,now disconnect battery on old one and swop over the rest ...

I presumed that the pcb wouldn’t be separate enough to swap out on its own but I will check this out. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm, as long as I put the sounder onto the battery it shouldn’t sound ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back