Veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, I'm new to the forum. I moved into my house 2 years ago, it has a Veritas R8 alarm (which looks pretty old). Last year the battery went and I managed to change it. Yesterday the box next to the door started buzzing. It seems perhaps the transformer is going, but the transformer recommended on the Texecom site doesn't look like mine. It looks like a pencil sharpened both ends with orange wire in the middle. Can it be replaced? Is that the problem? Thanks for any advice (hope I'm making sense!)

Sponsored Links
? Post picture ...if it's a transformer with 4 screws try tightening the screws as they vibrate loose over time and the transformer vibrates..

Thank you, here's the picture. The part number is 9617119.

Attachments

• 15400620793197703813879495911027.jpg
    15400620793197703813879495911027.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
Hahaha..it does dong when I switch off the fuse! Thanks for that..didn't realise they were wired to the mains!

OMG..so simple..button was stuck!! All sorted now but will replace button. Thanks for your help..imagine if I'd got an engineer in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back