Veritas R8Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help....my alarm keeps going off even when unset, no idea why so for the time bing i thought i would disconnet the power supply from the spur, the battery in the panel is still connected, the alarm has gone off again and my pin number would not re set the alarm, if i was to dis connect the battery in the panel would this make sure the alarm would be completely dead and would not go off any more until it is repaired ??

Sponsored Links
it will but the bellbox may have a battery fitted and this may cause the bell to ring for 15/20 mins or until flat depending on bellbox make and model.

Perhaps replacing the battery in the panel would solve the issue.

What does the RkP say when this happens?
Got the user manual? Read it?

it will but the bellbox may have a battery fitted and this may cause the bell to ring for 15/20 mins or until flat depending on bellbox make and model.

Thanks does this mean that disconnecting the battery in the panel will not make the alarm totally disconnected and will not keep going off, or will the alarm go off until the battery is dead in the alarm box ?

Sponsored Links
Disconnecting the battery AND the mains will shut down the panel. The externals will sound as indicated.

Warning MAINS electricity is present and will need to be isolated if you open the panel.

Again, replacing the battery for a new one will probably solve your issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back