Veritas v8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have just been given a veritas 8 alarm with a bell box a pir and a door contact.
So far i have managed to get the door contact to work bit i have wired the pir and bell box as the the installation manual but the tamper light is on permanently. If anyone can help me finish this i would be grateful its been installed in my shed as i have just purchased a vintage bike and i really dont want to lose it, i can take pictures if it helps.
Thank you
Mick

Sponsored Links
have you found out where the tamper is from?

there is a panel lid tamper, keypad tamper, global tamper, bell tamper.

if you go into the basic event log or walk test and tamper is showing press omit, the number now showing should indicate where the tamper is coming from.

Secureiam,
Thanks for your reply, i have sorted most of it out and the tamper light is still on, i have managed to get the pir lighting up, when i do the walk test 06 no zone light comes on only the tamper, unset and power light, i dont have a battery in would that make a difference.
Mick

Attachments

• IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Neil
Thanks i have got to wire the bell up yet thats one i am struggling with i have got the wiring diagram for the bell into the alarm but not sure where they go into the bell box.
Mick

Heres the diagram and how i wired it which i know is wrong thats what i am here for.
Mick

Attachments

• IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2363.PNG
    IMG_2363.PNG
    258.5 KB · Views: 134
Two things .... That's a crappy old guard tec bellbox ....you have it wired to bell trip + , not bell trip - as 99.9% of all uk panels are - bell trip , and the bell feed is not in the correct terminal it's in the strobe -

I would have looped the 0v and tamp in control panel first and close lid to check the tamp lights go out or have you sorted that

Thanks guys,
I know its an old bell box but like i said at the start its on a shed not a house,
It is mainly there as a deterrent, Neil i still have the tamp light on but thats because i didnt close that loop i will look at that first thing tomorrow, if that goes off when i close the loop then everything except the bell box is working, then i will need to know where the wires go into the bell box after that.
Mick

Mick,

think its best to do this in stages and confirm the stages working.

When you did the walk test did you press Omit, did any zone lights light up, they should have done but your panel is second hand so could be before that feature was enabled. so lets not worry about it.

You got no zone lights on a walk test with zones 3 upwards not even wired in?

As its a Vertias 8 and theres no extra keypads, you would only get tampers from.

1. power fault
2. bell tamper (link out 0v and tamp)
3. panel lid tamper (close the lid and screw it down, should here tamper click shut)
4. global aux tamp, lablled as Tamp on the panel put a link across these two, at the moment you have two blue wires and two yellow wires in these terminals, they should be wired in series but you can do that later, to be honest you have spare zones, so I would link this out and wire into your spare zones and have the zone type as tamper.

Once you have done that we can look at the bell.

but want to know the sequence you went to do the walk test in as nothing showing suggests to me it wasn't taken into walk test.

Secure i am ,
Thanks i put in the engineers code pressed 06 as the book said and zone 1 and 2 lit up along with zone 3 but 1 and 2 lit up when i moved or opened the door 3 went off when i pushed the the tamper spring on the box

The blue and yellow are in the tamper because it says in the book to put them there. As you have figured out by now i no very little about these things, really appreciate your help.
Mick

bell wiring.

12V supply + Red Panel A
12V supply - Black Panel D
S- blue Panel B
R Tamp return yellow Panel C
Strobe - (what you got left?) Panel S
(if no more wires you can link the bell trigger in the bellbox, to the S- in the bell box)

Take a wire from the 12V+ and wire to strobe + in bell box
Tamper feed may need wiring to 0V

Theres two ways to look at it.

1. the global tamper and bell tamper show up as the same number in diagnostics if you have it available.
2. having the tampers on seperate zones in your case would help you identify the problem quicker, as you be looking at a different zone number for each device. aslo the diagnostics would mean the tamper that shows which could be bell or global would just be the bell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back