What's the difference in these

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am researching components to install an alarm in my detached garage. Current shopping list is:-

Texecom Veritas R8
Odyssey bell box
1 Texecom PIR
1 set of door contacts (not sure which yet)

My question is regarding the door contacts. What's the difference in these contacts:-

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36_44

Also, is an interior speaker necessary? Does the remote keypad have a small internal speaker?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
The top one will do for a Texecom R8, the others have resistors in them for other models of alarm.
The R8 has a small speaker in the keypad, also often has a speaker in the panel.
Thought you already have an R8?

The top one will do for a Texecom R8, the others have resistors in them for other models of alarm.
The R8 has a small speaker in the keypad, also often has a speaker in the panel.
Thought you already have an R8?

Thanks. I do have an R8 in the house. I have a detached garage, looking to add an alarm to that.

Sponsored Links
I would also change the pir to a dual tech less nusance activation, but hey I dont know owt!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back