Veritas v8

what did you do to get the walk test up?

code prog (all lights illuminated) 06
code 00 (all lights illuminated) 06

Sponsored Links
So would you say loop the tamp then link blue and yellows like the diagram in zones 3 , 4, 5?

I would remove the blue and yellow
link the tamp with a piece of cable/ staple
blue and yellow in zone 3(for zone 1 device)
blue and yellow in zone 4(for zone 2 device)

Sponsored Links
when you put in engineers mode did you

type engineers code prog (all lights illuminated) 06
type engineers code 00 (all lights illuminated) 06

if you don't get the lights illuminated after prog or 00 your not in the right place to enter 06

0v & Tamp is there a loop of wire? If not there is your problem.

Picture not too good so can't tell

This Tamper loop HAS to be made, sounder not fitted there will be a tamper fault.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help,
I will be having a good look today watch this space lol.
Mick

Right its all working except the wiring to the box. Not sure which wire goes where in the bell box manual shows how to wire the alarm side but the bell box it doesnt

I've just had another quick look at your picture, the mains connections.

I suggest they are remade as there are bear wires showing, very dangerous, they should be fully in the connector.

Europlex,
Just done that to tidy everything up just my bell box to sort now and thank you.
Mick

Gents,
I really cannot thank you enough its all up and running thank you so much.
Mick

Only thing i have noticed is when you set alarm strobe flashes but when the alarm is triggered it doesnt flash is it supposed to do that??

veritas has a strobe flash to indicate alarm setting as for when its in alarm depends on how its set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back