Very old henley fuse box

In effect it forms part of our T&Cs for a new or altered supply
See the specification below for out door meter reading facilities where it states

Customer's switches on inside wall within 1800mm of meter board
Fair enough.

http://www.enwl.co.uk/docs/connections/guidance-for-meter-board-layout-for-domestic-connections.pdf

ENWL said:
The electricity supply and earth facility will be provided on the basis that the installation will conform with the
safety requirements contained within the IEE Wiring Regulations.
Which it won't if the tails are too long, or Ze too high, for the supply fuse to operate in 5s if there's a fault on the tails.

Bit of a Mexican stand-off, really.

Sponsored Links
I wasn't directly involved, other than popping round for a look.
One of my colleagues was visiting relatives in London a few years back between Christmas and New Year, there was a rather loud bang which coincided with the power going off.
There are 10 flats over 4 floors, grnd flat connected directly onto head, the rest being red, white, blue & black rubber/cotton singles tp&n up the 2"? conduit, the box on each floor being a 4 pole JB with 3 flats picking off a phase each. All of the earthing was by straps on the conduit which is what I suspect this installation is.
The set-up was almost a clone of these pics except the 1st flr JB had all but disappeared.
Within 2 days DNO had replaced the cutout with a 10way head and fitted 10 lockable, windowed steel enclosures on the wall containing a meter and a switch [possibly fused??], leaving the rest to the landlords and the flats with no power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back