Very tall window base, is this normal?

S

SBTW

Had these windows installed last year and I've always thought the fit looks wrong. I can't help but look at it everyday.

The base of the window is thicker then I have ever seen in anyone's house and I always wondered if it was measured short.

The previous windows were much less intrusive only 3 - 4 cm tall at the base and the sills were not visible either.

Can anyone advise me on whether I am being ridiculous or whether they are in fact badly sized.

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_174259.jpg
    IMG_20190325_174259.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20190325_174455.jpg
    IMG_20190325_174455.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
No it does look tall, from the outside is all the outer frame the same thickness not including the cill, also do all 4 corner welds run right to the outer corners? If they don't then I suspect the windows have been made with a 'large' outer frame or door frame profile in case the plaster thickness caused too much of the frame to be lost behind it. The surveyor was probably worried and played it safe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back