Vibrating noise from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hearing a vibrating noise coming from the boiler when its about to turn heating off. I have made a recording of the same, the noise is a bit faint at the beginning but as soon as I approach the boiler (around 4-5 sec) it can be heard clearly, it only lasts about 5 secs in total but can be heard only for about 3 seconds in this video.

Its not loud in the video but can be heard throughout the house when it happens.

I am worried its something to do with the boiler and might cause some serious issue if not looked into but can it be the pump or the Zone valve?

Here's a video I have made of the noise:

Sponsored Links
It is a combustion problem called resonation, you cant sort it yourself, get Worcester to come and service it and mention it to the engineer

It is a combustion problem called resonation, you cant sort it yourself, get Worcester to come and service it and mention it to the engineer

Thanks a lot, you are the first one to have identified the problem, I have been posting it in forums to get an idea of what it is.

Is this dangerous?

I will anyway contact a gas engineer to get this sorted.

Thanks a lot, you are the first one to have identified the problem, I have been posting it in forums to get an idea of what it is.

Is this dangerous?

I will anyway contact a gas engineer to get this sorted.
Not really dangerouse but can cause a build up of soot or ven damage the burner, it is an air gas ratio problem, you would be best advised to get Worcester out to service it, the engineer will have everything it might need , they are not that expensive and you will get a guarenteed fix and a proper service

Sponsored Links
Not really dangerouse but can cause a build up of soot or ven damage the burner, it is an air gas ratio problem, you would be best advised to get Worcester out to service it, the engineer will have everything it might need , they are not that expensive and you will get a guarenteed fix and a proper service

Thanks mate, I will get in touch with Worcester.

Best,
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back