Victim of aggravated burglary charged with murder

Sponsored Links
I think its a procedure the Police are obliged to follow. Otherwise you could invite someone into your house, kill them and just claim 'self defence'.

At least by being arrested he'll get his free solicitor, legal aid etc.

PS - Yeah, I have insomnia too :)

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16072164

Surely self defence or at most manslaughter, but charged with murder?
Scum got what was coming to him I say

I don't think you have that correct? Charged with murder, means going equipped, with intent. This home owner clearly didn't.

If you are attacked in your own home, then reasonable force. This guy has a Masseratti, and a Range Rover in the drive. And a van. protect yourself, someone in your home....stealing your keys?

Some device like used in South Africa, steal my car, take the keys, I'm outta here, then 5 minutes later, the car cuts out. Smoke is ejected into the cockpit, doors are locked. The thief got what they wanted, no hassle, but are now trapped.

If there is a sticker in the window, saying 'super protected', would they target that vehicle? and some false stickers that DON'T have the protection, how are they to know?

I think its a procedure the Police are obliged to follow. Otherwise you could invite someone into your house, kill them and just claim 'self defence'.

At least by being arrested he'll get his free solicitor, legal aid etc.

PS - Yeah, I have insomnia too :)

Yeah hope your right mate,

Ps I've have been going to sleep of late, well having about 5 hrs which is a lot for me, but tonight I think its going to be not a lot at all

Matt

Sponsored Links
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16072164

Surely self defence or at most manslaughter, but charged with murder?
Scum got what was coming to him I say

I don't think you have that correct? Charged with murder, means going equipped, with intent. This home owner clearly didn't.

That's my point Micky, He has been charged with murder according to the police reports, but as Ricardus has said it's probably just procedure

Matt

Arrested on suspicion of murder according to the article, no actual charges have been made.

As Ricardus said , it's quite normal for someone to be initially charged with murder. This then gets dropped by the CPS to a lesser charge of manslaughter (depending on circumstances). There have been a few householders who have found themselves in this position after some low life has broken into their home. I thought David Cameron mentioned something about allowing householders to protect their property etc about a year ago saying he would look to changing the law regarding the charging of householders who do manage to kill a would be burglar?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vid-Cameron-gets-tough-right-defend-home.html

Hmm seems to be well over a year ago.

You cannot be arrested on suspicion of murder, due to the rule innocent until proved guilty. What era do you live in? He hasn't been charged with anything. Unless he is found guilty, beyond resonable doubt.

He cannot be charged with being guilty, until the trial.

You're getting the sequence of events rather mixed up, or perhaps confusing being charged with being convicted.

A person will be arrested on suspicion of committing some crime. The police then have a short, limited period of time in which to make a charge if it appears to them that there is enough initial evidence to warrant it. If the case makes it to court, then it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. Then if found guilty, the person is convicted.

You cannot be arrested on suspicion of murder, due to the rule innocent until proved guilty. What era do you live in? He hasn't been charged with anything. Unless he is found guilty, beyond resonable doubt.

You're getting the sequence of events rather mixed up, or perhaps confusing being charged with being convicted.

A person will be arrested on suspicion of committing some crime. The police then have a short, limited period of time in which to make a charge if it appears to them that there is enough initial evidence to warrant it. If the case makes it to court, then it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. Then if found guilty, the person is convicted.

It's nice to see a patient & diplomatic response to a post rather than just insults!

burglar got what he deserved. His family should be ashamed of themselves for visiting the scene of HIS crime to lay flowers and grieve. If it was my family member killed trying to rob someone, i would be ashamed to show my face in public, let alone openly grieve for the fallen criminal.

burglar got what he deserved. His family should be ashamed of themselves for visiting the scene of HIS crime to lay flowers and grieve. If it was my family member killed trying to rob someone, i would be ashamed to show my face in public, let alone openly grieve for the fallen criminal.

~Totally amazing, as you say. Tributes being laid, for a thief????????
Should be a placard placed outside saying "WELL DONE TO THE HOUSEHOLDER"

If I lived on that street I'd pick up all the floral tributes and put them in the nearest bin. Scum through and through.

Maybe the householder stabbed him in the back as he was trying to escape which would explain why he was arrested on suspicion of murder rather than manslaughter?

Isn't that why that farmer bloke, Martin I think, got put away for murder because he shot the bloke in the back?

It said on the news that in the last 2 cases where a householder/shopkeeper had stabbed intruders, they were both released without charge.

I totally agree about the family having absolutely no shame whatsoever but then they looked like ****** to me :evil:

It's nice to see a patient & diplomatic response to a post rather than just insults!
Don't be so sure biker, Micky's verbal calling me an idiot (see pauls quote, it was his next sentence) and my retort back has been deleted ;)
Mind you it was probably him that alerted the mods :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back