Victoria Plumb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered a cheap bathroom suite from them.

They're cheap and I didn't expect much but I am shocked at just how awful the quality is. The bath's going back, will persevere with the basin and bog, but I think I'm in for a whole world of frustration.

I wish I'd researched this company before I ordered :oops:

Sponsored Links
Try better bathrooms. So far have had good quality and excellent delivery service.

Just had a text from my neighbour. He's been fighting with their shyte for 2 weeks on hours bathroom refurb. Just discovered why he can't fix the leak on the bog....

Turned out to be a hole in the casting of the pan.

Sponsored Links
Just had a text from my neighbour. He's been fighting with their shyte for 2 weeks on hours bathroom refurb. Just discovered why he can't fix the leak on the bog....

Is that VP or BB?

VP are the same company as MFI, who you will recall disappeared off the high street a few years ago as they were a bit rubbish

MFI, 'Might Fall In 2'. Although they have resurfaced, online only now though I believe. http://www.mfi.co.uk/

I did some driving for them many moons ago from their distribution centre at Northampton, organised chaos wasn't the word....

I did manage to install the bog today, after replacing all the fittings :LOL:

Hope it'll flush the waste away properly!

Thanks everyone for the heads up about mfi.

+1
I fitted a bog last week- customer complained of a leak.
There's a fault in the pan that leaks when it's flushed :confused:
Oh well, at least they supplied the thing and I haven't got to replace it.

Haha I think newboy was right!

Went to fit the vanity unit this morning, pop up waste lever fouls on back of unit :LOL:

I could modify it but have had enough, and have someone to take it off my hands.

Bog's still working though :LOL:

Never again!

So what was wrong with the bath?

On what basis did you return it?

What did you expect with something cheap?

Tony

Call me naive if you like but I'd never seen a plastic bath without a timber surround and cradle before. So I guess I did expect it to be rigid enough that it wouldn't pull the sealant away if someone leant on it. No pictures of the underside on the website either, nor a drawing.

But they offer on their website to take things back if I am not satisfied, and as the bath met the terms and conditions for a return, I sent it back.

I'll now save up for a better one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back