victorian garden bench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok,

I want one of these, does anybody know where to get it cheaper??

Victorian garden bench ( cast aluminium)

Seems a bit expensive £177 at the below link

http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=17620&MMCF_Pangora

d_2863.jpg

Sponsored Links
Seems good value, but its aluminium and not cast iron, which they recon will last a few hundred years. Shop around at auctions for cast iron benches to refurbish, I got an cast iron ex-local park bench at auction, wood all rotted, but I replaced it, so well made it will out live me.

Thanks Mr Grumpy, That is the exact bench I want though, but thought it cost a bit too much at £177.

If anybody knows a website thats cheaper let me know !!!

I will keep searching though. :LOL:

please note 4

Iron rusts, hence clifton suspension bridge continually needs painting.
aluminium doesn't rust, it oxidises :?: . Aluminium doesn't like paint unlessyou use the correct primer. Once primed correctly then painted alloy will out see the paint on cast iron and out see the cast iron. Also you'll be able to pick up an alloy seat on your own whereas with cast it will take 2 of you.
As an aside did you know that aluminium is basically mud ??

Before anyone pulls me up, yes iron oxidises as well. But iron oxidises from the inside out (once you see a rust patch, its through) whereas aluminium oxidises fom the outside in. you need to stop the initial oxidation, hence alloy generally sold to the great masses is 'anodised'

please note 10a

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, but I just want to find one cheaper than £177 :LOL:

its miss, but we all make mistakes

Consider yourself told, Scoby :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back