Viessmann Boiler Flexible Flue System

So, can you now see Bernard that installers don't just push a combi on a customer?

I have never said that all installers are combi pushers, but I still maintain there are a lot of installers who will push a combi when a bit of thought would show that the customer's requirement will not be best served by a combi.

Sponsored Links
Current system we have means we constantly run out of hot water ( 2 teenagers taking loooooong showers) takes an age to reheat and looks tired and in needs of replacement
I’m under no illusion that whichever decision we make may be wrong, but appreciate the accurate info to enable us to lessen the chance.
I don’t want to waste anyone’s time when they come around, and so far there’s been a lot of head scratching going on.
Worcester Bosch guys seem to be the installers telling us flex flue not an option at all.
Going to try to figure out if we can fit unvented somewhere, but would unvented still be limited by the pressure drop same as combis if other outlets opened?

but would unvented still be limited by the pressure drop same as combis if other outlets opened?

Obviously, there is always a payout... Mains fed means you will be drawing off for each outlet opened. However, with @300L of stored DHW, you will not be relying on a HEX to heat it at point of use, so much better flow rates. Get a fast recovery cylinder and it will regenerate quickly.

I have never said that all installers are combi pushers, but I still maintain there are a lot of installers who will push a combi when a bit of thought would show that the customer's requirement will not be best served by a combi.

But you do "infer" and "maintain".
EVERY customer I am contacted by, starts with "We need a new boiler and want a combi".

Sponsored Links
( 2 teenagers taking loooooong showers)

Many years ago fitted two combis in a big house. One combi heated the main radiators and supplied hot water to kitchen and utility room. Second boiler supplied heating and hot water to granny flat as well as heated a 300l UV cylinder that supplied water to main house
Client’s two sons depleted the hot water in the 300 cylinder when they used the shower one after the other. But the cylinder recovery was very good- old man, third in line for the shower, had his morning cuppa and toast after the second son was finished, cylinder would recover sufficiently for his shower.

For this project perhaps a combi boiler which can be used as open vented to supply kitchen and utility hot water and heat the rads and cylinder too. Do not know if combi will allow two temperature selections, one for under floor and another for panel rads and cylinder.

Current system we have means we constantly run out of hot water ( 2 teenagers taking loooooong showers) takes an age to reheat and looks tired and in needs of replacement
I’m under no illusion that whichever decision we make may be wrong, but appreciate the accurate info to enable us to lessen the chance.
I don’t want to waste anyone’s time when they come around, and so far there’s been a lot of head scratching going on.
Worcester Bosch guys seem to be the installers telling us flex flue not an option at all.
Going to try to figure out if we can fit unvented somewhere, but would unvented still be limited by the pressure drop same as combis if other outlets opened?
Maybe an upgraded open vent cylinder capable of fast reheat would be an option then? The one linked is small but perfect for this application as it heats up really quickly. Hook that up on a hot water priority setup and you'll have all the hot water you could ever need. WB only approve their flexi liner for one model and there are much better boilers on the market, often for less money. What's your nearest town? We might be able to recommend someone...

Cheers. I'm all ears for the best solution
I'm located in Stafford.

Ah, then Simon Holland is your man (sorry for the link to the Intergas website, Simon doesn't have one of his own but his details are all there and he's a great installer)

Ok. So good news is that I think I’ve sorted out a solution for a pressure relief route which means we would now be able to look at cylinder option.
Happy days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back