Viessmann boilers + Can I do all the work apart from the gas

also have a look on the first page, you will find that someone installed a boiler and phoned up their local corgi registered heating "engineer" to come and check it- similar to what i did but i got the gas board out.

I only did the water side and got a kind corgi plumber to do the gas side, check my work, commission and earn a nice drink for his trouble!

Sponsored Links
muckylugs, a Corgi engineeer will be unable to do this from now on, all boiler installations have to be notified to corgi, all details of the system have to be notified, corgi then issue a certificate of compliance to the householder, this installation is then logged against the installers name, corgi can randomly choose this installation for inspection and if there was any problems with this property in the future gas related, fire, gas leak etc, it would come straight back to the installer, so I can assure you that any decent corgi engineer will not commission and put their name against an installation that they did not carry out and if there are corgi installers out there who would be prepared to take the risk for this practice will certainly want a lot more than a nice drink for their trouble.

My plumber is fully qualified corgi reg does not need to advitise as he is always busy (word of mouth) and is decent (your words). As for my installation yes i did hang the boiler ( 4 holes in the wall rawl plugged then screwed the jig) yes i did fix the water side (no big deal, pipes have not leaked yet and as under about 2.2 bar pressure when hot don't suppose they will and is bloody neat if i dont say so myself not like the crap i ripped out!) i even fitted the flue (1 restrictor ring 4 screws 1 self tapper and a jubilee clip bricked and motored up ) now this might p**s some of you boys off and i really don't mean to but it was not rocket science.

NOW THE HARD SIDE OF THE FIX
No i did not touch the gas side ,my plumber fitted the 6 mts of 22 needed (had a coffee)checked my work (commented that he had seen worse from qualified plumbers.....there are good and bad in every trade!) commissioned the boiler (had another coffee) and left with a smile and a nice drink

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back