Viessmann Vitodens 200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The weather compensation system has never worked properly on this boiler despite altering slopes in accordance with the less than helpful Viessman techs. It is always too warm inside when the weather is cold and vice versa, so I would like to disconnect the weather compensation and fit an internal wireless stat. I still have the standard control panel which can be refitted if required. Can anyone offer advice how this can be achieved?

Sponsored Links
Weather comp probably not us talked in suitable place or your house is poorly installed.

You will need to go back to the constant temperature facia
And wire in to external controls connections. (Can't remember off the top of my head what the connections are would have to check the manual)

There will be a link between L&1 remove it and put your controls in there.

Might be best to get your gas engineer to do it.
if you get it wrong and damage the pcb it will be very expensive.

You can have pretty much any thermostat u like.

Thanks Phil, I think it was in the right place, just not accurate enough. The house is very well insulated, well the living room and roof is, which is what matters to us. I thought I might need a gas engineer, although I am a competent engineer myself, just need the procedure to do thisd. I'll maybe try Viessman again for info on this, more in hope than expectation.

That boiler has excellent WC performance.

But that totally depends on having the outside sensor in a shaded place away from sunshine and the slope and offset correctly set for your house.

I think that all you need is someone to set it up for you properly. But that does need someone very familiar with that boiler model and who is an enthusiast.

We did have someone like that on this forum but he was hounded off the site because other RGIs became bored with him always extolling the virtues of WC. But he is in London so too far away from you.

Hugh at Viessmann tech is very helpful indeed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony. The outside sensor is up under the eaves on the North side and never sees the sun. I have tried adjusting the slopes several times in accordance with the - somewhat limited - advice from Viessman, all to no avail, hence I am giving up and going with something that is tried and trusted, a stat in the living room which controls the temp in that room.

When changing over we to constant controller you have to adjust a few settings otherwise it won't work
Good luck

The house is very well insulated, well the living room and roof is, which is what matters to us.
Weather comp has to be set up so the room with the greatest heat loss maintains the desired temperature. Other rooms are then controlled by the TRVs. As with traditional wall stats, you mustn't have a TRV in the "control" room.

With the WC sensor correctly sited then I would expect that model to work very well indeed.

Obviously you have not managed to correctly set the boiler parameters yet.

But it does depend on the rads to be roughly correctly sized in each room as well and that might be why you are not happy with the results you are getting. Even so using the TRVs to prevent excessive temperatures might be a clue.

maybe better off doing a factory reset and starting again as your maybe changing parameters thats affecting each other

I remember when I last fitted one there was some parameter needed which was not mentioned in the book.

But the customer found out what it was from their tech help, before I had time to ask myself.

@Agile, thanks for that, the living room has Honeywell electronic stats on each rad., and the room temp was perfectly stable on a wired stat with the previous Vaillant boiler. I would be interested to know what this unknown parameter not in the book was. I am not a plumber or gas fitter - you guessed already - but I am an aircraft engineer well used to reading technical manuals, however the Viessman manual is not a beacon of clarity.

@AGAS The parameters have been set back to standard for the last few years, having given up trying to set slope and/or level satisfactorily.

The installer had done the Viessman course shortly before fitting it, but had even less idea than me as to how to adjust it.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to thank Agile as he has given you slightly more than zilch which is not a surprise.

I remember when I last fitted one there was some parameter needed which was not mentioned in the book.

But the customer found out what it was from their tech help, before I had time to ask myself.

Did you not ask what it was ?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back