Vinyl tile flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate opinions on the topic of vinyl flooring tiles, especially from those who've fitted them or had them fitted...

Currently looking into vinyl floor tile coverings for a kitchen/diner. The usual suspects such as Amtico and Karndean have been mentioned by many - but the prices!

I really don't want to skimp on quality but there are other makes of vinyl tiles that, on the surface at least, appear to offer similar construction (and quality?) for far less money. I mean, how much can it cost to have a quality vinyl tile made in bulk in China?

Has anyone experience of other makes of high quality vinyl floor tiles? Would be very interested to hear. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Cheap self-sticking vinyl tiles are available, and can be laid with a little heat from an heat gun to help them stick.
When they wear or you tire of them its cheap to replace.
However, the extensive Armstrong vinyl tile range is expensive but the best.

Armstrong is a name from way back that I'd forgotten about so thanks for the reminder - I'll check them out.

Would appreciate opinions on the topic of vinyl flooring tiles, especially from those who've fitted them or had them fitted...

Currently looking into vinyl floor tile coverings for a kitchen/diner. The usual suspects such as Amtico and Karndean have been mentioned by many - but the prices!

I really don't want to skimp on quality but there are other makes of vinyl tiles that, on the surface at least, appear to offer similar construction (and quality?) for far less money. I mean, how much can it cost to have a quality vinyl tile made in bulk in China?

Has anyone experience of other makes of high quality vinyl floor tiles? Would be very interested to hear. Thanks.

There are many quality LVT tiles available, polyflor is worth a look as an example, however, the tiles are usually the cheap bit of such an installation, the floor preparation and labour required to get the tiles on the floor properly is far and away the majority of the cost of an installation.

The self adhesive tiles are cheap for a reason, they move all over the place and are'nt a long term solution.

Sponsored Links
the tiles are usually the cheap bit of such an installation, the floor preparation and labour required to get the tiles on the floor properly is far and away the majority of the cost of an installation.

I hadn't much considered the floor prep and labour costs though I can understand it's not cheap having seen a few YouTube videos. Quality of work is absolutely critical too I'd imagine.

Thanks for mentioning Polyflor, I'll take a look.

Homebase Vinyl Plank Flooring - Geneva Oak - 1.95sq m 306745 works out at £5 a sq metre and is better quality than the 'value' planks and tiles (which really aren't any better than the Poundland vinyl tiles). Looks good, but probably won't last as long as Karndean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back