Virgin atlantic

directors and then what companies they are involved in to get at profit etc.
Only directors of incorporated companies have to be listed on there. No requirements for unincorporated ones. Which category do you think RB gets most of his income from?

Sponsored Links
Only directors of incorporated companies have to be listed on there. No requirements for unincorporated ones. Which category do you think RB gets most of his income from?

Not relevant - I was just pointing out that the group does pay UK tax and also creates jobs. How much tax they pay pass. His income same comment and when we read of people becoming very rich a lot of that is share values after they have decided to sell shares - no value to a holder unless they are sold.

All I was pointing out is that he is very probably of more benefit to the UK directly than many other ways of making lots and lots of money.

More positivity if you please. (n)
His plane can get you most of the way to space!
Elon musk's spacex is contracted to provide tourist trips to the ISS from next year though. Virgin Galactic is more aimed at entry level spacemen.

His income same comment and when we read of people becoming very rich a lot of that is share values after they have decided to sell shares - no value to a holder unless they are sold.
A bit like the value of your own home - totally irrelevant unless you are going to sell up and live in a tent!

Sponsored Links
A bit like the value of your own home - totally irrelevant unless you are going to sell up and live in a tent!

Other than those who buy and sell them and don't much care what the company does or how much their directors etc get and handshakes, incredible pensions etc.

Some of those will have made a lot from the virus recently - some also lost earlier. This and currency dealing is where lots of money is made.

I'm prepared to consider the taxpayer taking over or assisting companies that are themselves taxpayers.

So, no handouts for Branson, or the RW newspapers, or other multinational tax-dodgers, then.

If necessary, we could renationalise companies that are needed to provide an essential public service, such as railways, water supply, sewerage, energy supply.

You should end up in court spouting sht like that...Remain,brexit has fook all to do with your stupid trolling.
omg :D were you joking or did you mean this?

My gfriend back then went to some of his 'virgin' parties, i was fortunate enough to attend one :) obviously wearing my blinkers the whole time, he was terrible terms like octopus etc were thrown about.

Now i have no issues with people like Lewis Hamilton living out in Monaco, but if he was skint and i heard he was asking the UK to pay for the lease on all his flash cars because he was skint...

Richard Branson
Net Worth: $5.1 billion

As the founder of Virgin Records and Virgin Atlantic airlines, Richard Branson is a business mogul sitting on a cool $5 billion fortune. Although he hails from the U.K., his primary residence is on Necker Island, an island in the Caribbean that he purchased for $180,000. Branson has repeatedly been accused of escaping to Necker Island as a way out of paying taxes due to the lack of income taxes there, but the Virgin mogul has denied this.

“I have not left Britain for tax reasons but for my love of the beautiful British Virgin Islands,” Branson wrote on the Virgin website in 2013, according to The Telegraph.

As a resident in the U.K., Branson would have to pay 50 percent of his income in taxes, compared to zero percent income taxes as a permanent resident on Necker Island.

Last edited:
It's always nice when the UK taxpayer is asked to bail out tax-dodging billionaires.

Bailout.jpg

They are fairweather capitalists - small state, no taxes no regulations, we will leave the UK if you tax us - people lap this up.

In any major downturn they come begging for support - look we need money or we will go bust, you need to help us.

Why should Government help them? You wanted small Government.

Imagine the value of support that you can claim back from the Gov is directly related to the amount of tax the company paid.

My gfriend back then went to some of his 'virgin' parties, i was fortunate enough to attend one :) obviously wearing my blinkers the whole time, he was terrible terms like octopus etc were thrown about.
Different times....

I see Aaron Banks has fled to New Zealand.

Nobody will be clapping for him.

"We know that we can achieve much more by working together with each other for the common good. This is thrown into stark relief by the fact that the list of keyworkers, upon whom we all depend, includes many jobs which previously had been described as low-skilled.

Conspicuous by their absence were millionaires and billionaires and so-called captains of industry, for it is those who work who produce their wealth; it seems that only a crisis has made the government recognise this."

Sponsored Links
Back