Visit M''urica

I was plums deep inside a very willing young lady on the reclined passenger seat of a Capri in the 80's in a quiet industrial estate in the wee small hours. A brisk knock on the window dampened the mood. It was a couple of bobbies enjoying the show. They said to put your trousers on and be orf quick or they'd nick me for indecency. Shame....I was on the vinegar strokes as well and the bird didn't want to see me again after that.

Re: America they are all really fat, really stupid and carry loaded semi-automatic firearms. I was lost in Washington Dulles Airport in 2006 and couldn't find the terminal for my connecting flight. Washington Dulles makes Heathrow look like a garden shed by comparison. I asked an airport security guard directions (who was as wide as he was high with a great big nob extension automatic pistol on his belt) and he was really rude. He said 'looks like you're asking me a god dammed question and I ain't got no god dammed choice'. I replied 'one out of ten for customer service' and he threatened to arrest me. I've never been back to America since. Really not interested. I've been to Canada where folk there consider Americans their awful neighbours.
If a bad experience at an airport put me off travelling I wouldn't leave the house, generalisations about a nation from one or two experiences are not a good thing.

Sponsored Links
But that's just the thing. Americans don't consider themselves a nation. Most of them identify from where their ancestors originated from. If someone's great-great-great granddad came from Ireland they'll say they are Irish. The same with descendants of Germans, Dutch, Italians etc. They identify with where the boat set sail from.

But that's just the thing. Americans don't consider themselves a nation. Most of them identify from where their ancestors originated from. If someone's great-great-great granddad came from Ireland they'll say they are Irish. The same with descendants of Germans, Dutch, Italians etc. They identify with where the boat set sail from.

Americans are very patriotic. A sizeable number fly flags on their homes. On my travels I have never seen anything but stars and stripes on people's flag poles. Never seen an Irish flag. Except maybe once in a bar in NYC - but it was an Irish bar. Most Americans take heed of their origins, but don't define themselves by it.

Last edited:
Hi all.

My old mate lives in Maine. He's getting married later this year and invited me to be there.
I watch a lot of these drug busting tv programmes in airports and people being refused admission because of a criminal past.

I am now 48 (49 next month) and i do 'have a past'

Court and convictions:

1990 ABH (conditional)
1992 Theft (shops and stalls) £145
1993 Criminal damage £89
1995 Fraud and deception £100
2019 Assault by beating £135

Can I get a visa? For the life of me, rather that call an airport there (embassy is just visit website) get an answer. I can imagine turning up there, detained on the next plane back.

I'm sure one of you clever folks may know. Thanks in advance. Dan.
Further to my post;
You'll need to contact to the Criminal Records Office and apply for a Police Certificate. You may have to pay for it. The certificate is an official (embossed) document that you will need to email along with your visa application.

Sponsored Links
If you say so, never found that with any I have worked with

I was plums deep inside a very willing young lady on the reclined passenger seat of a Capri in the 80's in a quiet industrial estate in the wee small hours. A brisk knock on the window dampened the mood. It was a couple of bobbies enjoying the show. They said to put your trousers on and be orf quick or they'd nick me for indecency. Shame....I was on the vinegar strokes as well and the bird didn't want to see me again after that.

Re: America they are all really fat, really stupid and carry loaded semi-automatic firearms. I was lost in Washington Dulles Airport in 2006 and couldn't find the terminal for my connecting flight. Washington Dulles makes Heathrow look like a garden shed by comparison. I asked an airport security guard directions (who was as wide as he was high with a great big nob extension automatic pistol on his belt) and he was really rude. He said 'looks like you're asking me a god dammed question and I ain't got no god dammed choice'. I replied 'one out of ten for customer service' and he threatened to arrest me. I've never been back to America since. Really not interested. I've been to Canada where folk there consider Americans their awful neighbours.
Under current law as long as you park in a location where you could have a reasonable expectation of privacy, having sex in a car is not public indecency (and it probably wasn't then). However, watching you do it (as per the plod) without your knowledge or consent, is voyeurism, which is an offence.

Anyway back on topic..

The OP better get his skates on.. this process assuming he is successful is likely to take 6-9 months. I think its unlikely he will be approved given the offences.

I went to NY for a wedding back in September. At customs they asked my son if he'd ever been arrested? He's is 27. They asked my daughter and her partner the same question - they were on a later flight that afternoon. Although they didn't ask me and the wife.

You need to complete an ESTA before travelling, which you do online. There are questions about criminal record. My advice is do it early - like now - and see how it turns out. You might get flagged up to have a face-to-face interview?

Under current law as long as you park in a location where you could have a reasonable expectation of privacy, having sex in a car is not public indecency (and it probably wasn't then). However, watching you do it (as per the plod) without your knowledge or consent, is voyeurism, which is an offence.

Anyway back on topic..

The OP better get his skates on.. this process assuming he is successful is likely to take 6-9 months. I think its unlikely he will be approved given the offences.
Wasn't it that nice looking blonde bird out of Eastenders, Gillian Taylforth, who played Ian Beales mother, got caught gobbling someone off (lucky sod) in a Range Rover? I thought she got done for it. I think the viewing figures for Eastenders went up quite a bit after that. I bet she could lick an ice cream through a tennis racquet.

It was apparently in a lay-by and I think she got off, by saying she was administering first aid. She unsuccessfully sued the Sun for liable when they accused her of fibbing.

A lay-by/slip road on the A1 is not a place where you could have a reasonable expectation of privacy. A secluded country path of empty national trust car park is different. Particularly this time of year where the windows will steam up rather quickly. I also recall she was not charged, it was only the leaky met-police insiders who no doubt flogged it to the sun, which resulted in it ever coming out.

The fact remains, that the inside of a vehicle is a private place.

Last edited:
It was apparently in a lay-by and I think she got off, by saying she was administering first aid. She unsuccessfully sued the Sun for liable when they accused her of fibbing.

A lay-by/slip road on the A1 is not a place where you could have a reasonable expectation of privacy. A secluded country path of empty national trust car park is different. Particularly this time of year where the windows will steam up rather quickly. I also recall she was not charged, it was only the leaky met-police insiders who no doubt flogged it to the sun, which resulted in it ever coming out.

The fact remains, that the inside of a vehicle is a private place.
No different to a caravan or motorhome, folk get up to all sorts in those, so I am told

The most common surnames in America are of English origin. (Biden) for example.
American culture is basically Anglo Saxon in origin, that is why you rarely here the term English American.
Edit: The Russians refer to Americans as Anglo Saxons.

The most common surnames in America are of English origin. (Biden) for example
Biden refers to himself as Irish.
I'm 3rd generation Irish but I have only ever thought of myself as being Scottish.

Sponsored Links
Back