Visonic door contact tamper issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a visonic alarm. A few days ago, the alarm began to annoyingly beep every minute or so and a orange light lit up on the alarm dashboard in the living room. Checking the status of the alarm, I got a "low battery front door". I removed the door contact and replaced the battery. Now I have another issue, with the alarm status now being "front door tamper alarm" and "front door tamper open". Can anyone let me know what I have to do? I attach some photos

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Open up contact take battery out,leave 10 sec put battery back in.Put cover back on ensuring it is correctly fitted.Reset alarm.

No luck. I've put the door contact back on, still the same problem. It is fully closed, the light is flashing red on the door contact meaning there is power. Anything else I can try?

I've tried to arm the alarm again, but I get a "disarm, not ready to arm, alarm in memory, check system for trouble". Checking status I get "tamper alarm", "tamper open"

Is there at least a way to stop the annoying beeping that comes with it, I think it returns every 4 hours

Sponsored Links
Do you have installer code ?
Google visionic trouble bleeps,video shows how to turn off,but you need installer code.

Obviously if that doesn’t resolve the issue you need to check that it has been closed properly.

Thanks for your replies. Just an update:

After removing the battery a few times and replacing the cover of the door contact, and trying a few times, the problem resolved. However, now each time I go outside and open the door, when I return the problem has returned. What could be causing this? I also managed to set up the alarm, but as soon as I opened the door and went outside, the outdoor siren went off.

Also can't stop the beeps as don't have the passcode

Not sure. sequence of events you believe are taking place and what is recorded on the event log What the panel recorded

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back