Visonic Powermaster-10 .. and Powerlink3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all ..

I have a Visonic Powermaster-10 set up in a house in France. It was bought in UK and installed in France as it used the basic alarm functions with usual PIR and motion detectors.

I want to add the IP Module to it (POwerlink3) and have seen a few of these online .. issue is they all seem to have "UK" on their serial numbers... and I am wondering if there is a reason I might not be able to use this in France? The IP module basically means I will see any alarms/sensors come to me on my phone app ….

thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
Mains power is the main issue when taking a UK equipment abroad.

The panel is a UK panel so if that's working, the other modules for a UK system should still work okay, unless they are connecting by a country specific physical socket or protocol.

Does the IP module need an installation code or can I hook it up myself? Concerned it will need an official installer to commission it .. and that will be hard in France

Sponsored Links
As long as the panel and Powerlink are purchased in the same region, you will have no problem using the alarm in any other country.
A point worth noting is that the UK Powermaster panel language is fixed in English and cannot be changed - I know this as I took
a system to France and fitted it for our French neighbours - it just means I have a paid for call trip to Nice - Happy Daze :)
ATB,
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back