visonic powermaster 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just bought a visonic powermaster 10
Does it require a telephone connection?
I will not be useing any telephone units at all.

Also this is the first time using one of the Visonic powermaster 10 units
is there any videos on the net about setting up and installing etc.

Regards

John

Sponsored Links
the answer is no, I cant think of any alarm panel that needs to use the telephone, but I know a few that are sold equipped to utilise the phone line if the mood takes you.

Hi secureiam, thank you for getting back to me.

I know i have fitting 100's of alarms and none needed a phone connected.

It is a bit misleading in the maual how it is worded.

Do you know of any videas that gives installation set up?

thanks

if there is any they will be on visonic web site when you login or on you tube and not checked either, if you have done 100's then you should be able to work your way through, Visonic kits are usually pre learned for the devices in the kit?

Sponsored Links
if there is any they will be on visonic web site
I think that is a bit of a joke, I sent in all my details to their site over 10 days ago so i could get the downloads.
Sent in another 2 days ago and they said sorry we will look into it.
STILL no log in details been sent back.
Hmmmm some firm that.
Makes me wonder if I had a fault on there system how long I would have to wait for them to get back to me.

You were lucky to get a response from Visonic at all!

They do specify their systems are intended for professional install only, not the DIY market, so to be fair I can understand them not responding to installation relating queries unless you have been on their course...

However, more than once I have previously tried contacting them regarding pre-sales enquiries, and apart from the auto response saying they'd get back to me shortly, they never have.

So yes I can understand your concern and if you have problems you may have to route these through your supplier.

I do think the PowerMaster 10 is a good bit of kit though.

They do specify their systems are intended for professional install only, not the DIY market, so to be fair I can understand them not responding to installation relating queries unless you have been on their course...
Hi Mr Gear
Yes I can understand that BUT I sent in all my details (NOT A DIY ) for information about me (Pro ) installing over 30 years Etc
you must know as well as I do when you start on a complete new system there is problems that you want answers to from the tech people.
Looking what you have put about them getting back I HOPE I never have a fault that I cannot sort my self.

hmm its quicker if you phone the sales rep for your area with Visonic, they then get someone to get back to you much quicker.

but its not a service they should be proud of, hence why I avoid there kit, Pyronix, Texecom, Scantronic, Risco support are there when you need them but sometimes some of them get busy, but reponses via email with hours usually from the above and phone support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back