Visonic Powermaster problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have my Visonic alarm not working at the moment, with errors low CPU battery and line connection failure. This is due to some wiring issues in the control panel unit. I have a red and green wire which have been dislocated, and I cannot find any information on where they go. I have been told they are telephone lines, I don't however know where they go and there doesn't appear to be any instructions online telling me so.

I attach some images, and was wondering whether someone could help?

Mike

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 338
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 320
Sponsored Links
My phone is not connected to the control panel in any way. The two wires which I speak of were connected somewhere, but when I opened the control panel they deattached. I probably need to take another picture and upload

Sponsored Links
need to see all terminals, incomming power.

why do you think its a phone line the red and green? looks like alarm cable from here but image is very blured

Hey there securelam,

No particular reason, just that I get an error low CPU battery and line connection failure. Here is a better pic attached. The red and green wires became dettached
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Attachments

• image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 411
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 251
do you have a hard wired contact anywhere its possible for that but if theres no alerts for an active zone or a resistor anywhere. Or could be for a siren?

upload_2020-7-7_11-5-42.png

Hi there,

Nothing hard wired, everything is wireless. I have two motion sensors, one in the hallway and one in the living room. I also have two door contacts. If it's for the alarm as you are saying, would it just be red wire siren positive and green wire siren negative?

I'm hoping that this also clears the cpu low battery issue, which I didn't have prior to these wires being dettached. I did remove the battery, but then replaced it back as it was, so I don't think my removing is causing the low battery.

hmm check the battery is plugged, the siren wiring should have nothing to do with the internal panel battery.

two pirs and no door contact?

do you not have any paper work?

I have two door contacts, one on my back door and one on my front. Nope no paperwork was done before I moved into the house.

I will see if the battery if pushed in properly, and that the cable is plugged in.

I am assuming red wire into SRN, green into GND?

I have just checked the internal battery pack in the alarm. I have removed it and reattached. I still get an error or CPU low battery

The left hand side blue terminal block has the screws down as if something was connected to that terminal block

well spotted and that is the phone line I suspect, so not plug in as manual suggests so shouldnt matter which way they go in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back