Visonic PowerMax Complete Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently when I have alarmed my system is has been sending me a tel message that there was a fault. But on investigation no fault was found.
Then today there was a fault and the message "system jammed" has appeared on led panel. I understand this problem is caused by a radio-frequency blocking communication.
Can any one give me any ideas how to rectify this problem or reset the alarm!

Sponsored Links
The problem is some equipment near by is transmitting on the same radio frequency as the one your system is using. Most probably 433.92 MHz.

This is a licence exempt frequency and can be used by anyone. There are limits on how much power can be radiated and a time limit on how long a unit can be transmitting. Equipment should be designed to cope with other equipment operating near by. As long as the source of interference is compliant with the rules there is nothing you can do other than ask the owner consider what it is doing to your alarm system. (*)

There is equipment that is non compliant with the rules and if it is one of these that is interering then it may be possible the authorities ( OfCom ) will accept a complaint.

Frequent false alarms due to jamming may be intentional from a criminal with the aim of making you turn off the jamming detection and then they can jam the system when breaking in without creating an alarm.

(*) telling a neighbour their remote control helicopter or other non compliant 433.92Mhz transmitter is jamming your alarm may give them an idea how to defeat your alarm system if they happen to be of criminal mind.

Hi folks - hope that there is some extra advice for the Powermax Complete as I am pulling my hair out! I cannot clear the event log for the life of me! Using the engineer code and after doing a hard reset of the unit, I still have a full event log!

When I enter the event log using the engineer code, I should see LIST OF EVENTS -> CLEAR EVENT LOG -> <OK> TO EXIT. There is no option to clear the event log on my unit! Just LIST OF EVENTS -> <OK> TO EXIT.

Any advice welcome - Hammer? Fire? Exorcist?

Thanks in advance!

B

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/v...issue-please-help.424892/page-3#ixzz3q9TUe8Qy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back