Vitra vcare WC.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a Vitra Vcare Wall hung WC.The flush inlet pipe doesn't seem to be secure fit in that the rubber gasket is not fully gripped. Looking at the socket on the WC pan there seems to be a section cut away and I'm wondering if this is a manufacturing defect as I can't see any obvious reason for this. I'll be contacting the supplier tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Attachments

• 20181202_112639.jpg
    20181202_112639.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would say that's meant to be like that, still looks like plenty of space to get the full depth of the flush cone in there before hitting the stop. Use the black rubber one, not the clear plastic one.

I sent a copy of the image to Vitra customer support and they confirmed that is a manufacturing defect.!

All packaged up and awaiting a replacement now. Hopefully it will be a good one.

There are signs that it has been previously fitted. I guess it leaked and the buyer returned it only to be passed on to the next unfortunate customer. Perhaps I should take a hammer to it to ensure it isn't resold!

Sponsored Links
Tbh I wouldn't have thought that the cut out at the bottom would of been a problem as long as the flush cone was a good fit.
Always use the rubber type myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back