"Dripping" noise from new Vitra concealed cistern.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Baffled me this one. Just installed a new Vitra concealed cistern. Luckily not boarded up yet. Constant dripping noise which I've located to be dripping past the flush valve into the pan water (arrow on image). It's one loud drip about every 20 seconds. Assumption is that the flush valve is leaking.
20220317_163811.jpg
I've taken the gubbins out, cleaned, and replaced but still the same. The gasket looked fine. Any ideas? Also, does anybody know what these two slider settings do?
20220317_162631.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Dave

Sponsored Links
From where you’re saying a drip, might not be sealed properly. The sliders are usually flush volume settings.

From where you’re saying a drip, might not be sealed properly. The sliders are usually flush volume settings.

Thanks very much. That's what I'm thinking although it all looked fine. Would that be a new flush assembly or a whole new cistern?

Thanks very much. That's what I'm thinking although it all looked fine. Would that be a new flush assembly or a whole new cistern?
Are you referring to the drip? If yes, then check the seal over, make sure it’s in correctly.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I thought the “drip” was from the flush pipe (n)

Yes, the rubber seal will pull off, just refit it the other way up.

Andy

Sorry, I thought the “drip” was from the flush pipe (n)

Thanks for your replies guys. I did 3 things at once, tur des the seal over as advised, closed those two openings fully shut, and screwed the float adjustment so that the tank doesn't fill up quite as much. One of those has worked as its not making the noise now!

Turn the seal over. ;)

Andy
this reply has helped me fix my tank leaking into the WC bowel, you are a star Andy.

But there was another thing that the installer didn't do properly, there is an orange bracket holding the whole thing, it was not holding it... it was extremely difficult to fit it properly and install the bracket. (see the highlighted, pointed with RED arrow)

Attachments

• Vitra Kiwa.png
    Vitra Kiwa.png
    764.3 KB · Views: 28

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back