Vizo 24 - Cutting out and Gas Error Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Heatline Vizo 24 Combi Boiler which has been running OK until a week or so ago.

Initially the hot water stopped, and when checking the boiler there were no flames, but also no warning lights. The next day it was fine - was even able to run a full bath without issue.

A day or so ago the central heating didn't come on when it was supposed to in the morning and when checking the boiler, the gas warning light was lit (see photo attached).

We were able to get the heating working again by switching the dial to 'o' and then back again to the water/heating option. This then worked and we were able to use the heating/water again.

This morning the central heating didn't come on again and the error light is back.

When I turn the dial to 'o', give it a few seconds and then back again to water (or water/heating - I've tried both), the flames light for around 5 seconds and then go out with the boiler continuing to make noise for a short while. This repeats for around 5 times and then stops with the warning light back again.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is most likely to be please ? - Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_114720.jpg
    IMG_20200513_114720.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 700
Sponsored Links
No expert on those but check the basics first...You have gas?.. Usual sequence with combi in general,pump starts,fan starts,ignition attempts,goes into lockout after few attempts and reset starts the sequence again...If no sound can be heard,could be fan,,other than that maybe you need someone take a look.

Thanks for your reply.

Definitely have gas. As I say it ignites and stays on for around 5 seconds before going off. It then attempts several times - with it igniting each time.

All the noises seem to be as usual.

Don't want to spend too much money on it - Especially if the likely fault is going to be an expensive component.

Thanks for your reply.

Definitely have gas. As I say it ignites and stays on for around 5 seconds before going off. It then attempts several times - with it igniting each time.

All the noises seem to be as usual.

Don't want to spend too much money on it - Especially if the likely fault is going to be an expensive component.
Either the pump is not running....Stick screwdriver in after taking central nut out...or it is not detecting the flame.Vizo is bargain basement combi and if anywhere near 10years old, not worth repairing...spend money on combi with 7/10 years warranty..

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it’s a condensing boiler, but a blocked/faulty trap can cause it

The way you have your timer set is not the problem but setting it like that is an expensive way of using your heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back