Vokera 20 80 RS Flowmatic Fan Runs For no reason

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can some one please help me. I have a Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic combi-boiler. For some reason the fan is running for no reason, i know that it runs on slow speed when the pilot light is on and fast speed when calling for heat. For the last 2 months the combi stopped working. i realised the diverter spindle was not working, so i took it off and found all gunged up with sludge. The spring inside the diverter broke , so i bought a new diverter, The fan also packed in so i bought a second one. I installed everything and it worked great. The problem is that i was having a shower the next day and the combi stopped working. The gas flamed out so did the pilot. After a couple of days of trying to figure out reason, I found the PUMP that i bought to be on speed 1, which caused overheating ant safety thermostat to react I have now increased the speed to 2 and the ignition is quicker than it was before, but the fan runs even though the pilot is out. is this normal? thanks.

Vinnyboy

Sponsored Links
Get the boiler serviced. Stop tinkering with the boiler. You are changing parts that probably do not need changing

Speed 2 is NOT the correct speed- should be 3.

If the fan is running at full speed, either you have done something, or another part is broke :rolleyes:
Will be cheaper to get the boiler serviced and fixed by a pro ;)

Yes, but you are obviously way out of your depth, and shouldn't be working as you are on your boiler. That's all I have to say, and you will get no gas advice on here. Be lucky.

Sponsored Links
The fan wasn`t running at full speed, i measured it with a multimeter and it gave 154 volts instead of 240.
I would never ask for gas advice on here or any where for that matter. Gas is definetly a pro job. If only i`d have remembered to change the pump speed to its correct position, evrything would be alright. Like i said , i will get it serviced. Thanks again to you both.

vinnyboy

You don't seem to realise that "gas" includes all aspects of gas and combustion.

You should NOT be opening the sealed combustion chamber or touching the fan!

As advised, you need a gas reg engineer to service the boiler and check its safety!

Tony

Thanks for the advice Agile, i will get it serviced, hopefully sooner rather than later.

vinnyboy

Can anyone please tell what the pressure should be for DHW Expansion vessel. I know the main expansion vessel is 1 Bar, but not sure if its the same for dhw one. I have the installation manual but can`t find any reference to dhw expansion vessel pressure.Thanks.

vinnyboy

Dhw will not work if i open hot tap, but will work if i turn ch on first then open tap.
If i press the dhw microswitch then it works no problem, i notice that when i do this the heating manifold spindle goes in. Yet i open tap the manifold spindle stays out. Could this be the problem. Appreciate help from someone Please. Thanks

vinnyboy

As advised earlier, your boiler needs a service and more than likely a new diaphragm (dhw), and the push rods cleaning and greasing. That's more than just a normal service, so expect the bill to reflect that. It is diy territory, but not for a novice.

Thanks for the reply 45yearsagasman. I understand what your saying, but i actually replaced the 3 port diverter last month with also anew diaphram the spindle hits the dhw microswitch spot on, could it be that the diaphram has split already. When i installed all this the boiler worked fine until i had to replace a pump and forgot to put it on the correct speed, which caused the boiler to over heat and shut down, hence this - Dhw.

I will definetely get it serviced, when i can afford it. Can you give some idea of how much a full service costs and does it actually mean disaasembing parts or just having a quick look here and there that doesn`t even last half hour. Thanks.

vinnyboy

Cant be the diaphram really can it if the spindle hits the swich spot on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back