Vokera 20-80rs Flowmatic. Hot water problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum and after a bit of advice regarding my boiler. As stated above I have a Vokera 20-80rs Flowmatic and it has a mind of it's own when it comes to hot water. Only started happening recently but some times it will give me hot water and some times it won't. I've took the cover off and if I flick the microswitch myself when it''s not giving hot water it works just fine. When the hot water does work it flicks across OK. It also some times gives hot water and then stops and never kicks in again.

I have a limited knowledge when it comes to these things but wondered if there's something easy I can try myself because I really can't afford a new boiler at the moment.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cracking boiler, still have a few on my books
Boiler needs attention, unless you are familiar with sequence of operation, you will struggle

It is possible you get hot water when heating is on

Very possible, the area on the right needs attention but other bits do over time get lazy, so these should be looked at

In fact if the boiler is overhauled, it should give you sterling service for a year or five

If you have an engineer who is registered, can talk him through to get this excellent boiler fixed

Your boiler is getting quite old as you should know.

It sounds as if the DHW diaphragm is failing.

Whilst some DIYers have managed to change them, they do require some skill and your boiler is slightly more involved than many.

But they are quite repairable although many engineers will try to persuade you that you need a new one.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Not something I recommend you try yourself but as DP correctly says a decent service and diverter valve overhaul will see you good for many years yet

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back