Vokera Boiler wont switch off!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a vokeraboiler HE model 20E. basicaly the boiler dos not respond to the TP9 controler.

I replaced the danfos TP9 controler and the living room separate thermostat thinking that one of them was faulty, however this did not fix the problem.

I had an electrician friend check the living room thermostat to see if it was in any way showing a cable fault, but he said it was fine when he tested it (the only reason for this was that I had recently installed oak flooring and the skirting was taken off and replaced and I was worried that a nail mail have damaged the cable thus creating a fault but it tested ok)

does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with the boiler that is making it think that it should be heating the radiators all the time? The only way to stop it is to switch off at the actual boiler.

I dont think it it constantly heating the water, only the radiators

many thanks for any advice or assistance, you can reply to this or email me at [email protected]

Tony

Sponsored Links
I had a look and I cant see either of them in the airing cupboard where the upstairs water tank is. There were a few switches and the like but nothing resembling your pics.

I should add that the boiler is ctualy a mynute 20E

There is also a variable temp switch on one of the pipes in at the boliler and it has no wires coming out of it but I think its for frost?

any ideas?

there should be a couple of valve somewhere, try near the boiler.

Sponsored Links
there are no vales like the one you showed in the picture at the boiler. What are they for?

Is it likely to be a circuit board fault?

the valves are called zone valves and they are how the boiler "knows" to heat the rads and/or the hot water, it wont be the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back