Vokera Combi Pressure Problem - Please help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 24 Combi boiler which i believe to have been installed 2000/2001 and am currently experiancing a severe problem maintaining the water pressure.

I moved into my house in July last year and was topping up my pressure approximately every month for several months. Through time i have repaired leaks on both my hall and bedroom radiators. Each repair appeared to rectify the pressure dropping fault at the time but through time the fault of loosing pressure returned.

At the start of the week i found yet another small leak on the valve on the return side of my bedroom radiator. I continued to tighten the leaking fitting, this appeared to help the pressure dropping fault for a day or so.

When i woke this morning i found my pressure to be at 0.5 BAR, i had topped the boiler up only 2 days ago to 1.0 BAR with the system cold. I decided to start with the basics (due to my limited knowledge) and carry out the following checks to attempt to find my dreaded pressure dropping fault:

1) With system running i checked all radiators, visible piping in loft and kitchen and pipes in cupboards for leaks - no leaks found.
2) I bled all radiators with system running - no air locks and hot to touch uniform heat on all 5 radiators in my house.
3) System left to cool and then topped up to 1.0BAR
4) System turned on and after 5 mins reading 2.0BAR
5) System reading 2.5BAR after further 5 mins.
6) Over the next 1 hour 45 mins of constant running the system pressure fluctuated up and down then gradually reduced and settled at 1.1BAR. (70deg.C)

The 1.1BAR pressure reading was while the system was hot and running OK. How can this be if i topped the system up to 1.0BAR less than 2 hours previous while cold?????

There is no evidance of leaks within the boiler or surrounding wall mounted vacinity and there was no water seen to emit from the overflow at any time. The manually operatable pressure relief valve operates ok when pushed manually and appears to hold pressure ok when released. (no water escaping via overflow)

Please help!!!

Do i have a massive leak somewhere under my downstairs floorboards somewhere that i cannot see as i can see no further leaks anywhere in my house???

Could i have some sort of internal boiler fault???

Does fixing leaks over time cause further pressure/strain on any existing leaks in the system??? ie. putting pressure on the next weakest link in the chain.

RichyBee

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME REGARDING THIS MATTER - ANY ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS G R E A T L Y APPRECIATED!!!

Sponsored Links
Your expansion vessel is faulty. Check the FAQ topic for info on this - I think under the heading pressure vessels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back