Vokera combi problem fixed, drawing attached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vokera Linea 28 Combi and has been working great untill two days ago when I ran hot water in the bathroom basin at the same time the toilet was flushed, there was some banging from pipe work that lasted for a second, then found hot water tap came to a trickle. I now get a very slow flow of hot water from the bath,w/h basin and shower [all upstairs] but downstairs in the kitchen the hot & cold pressure is great.

Have tried draining the hot & cold pipes but no fix. Can anyone help :?:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What I don't understand is that the hot and cold tap pressure is great in the kitchen in the bathroom upstairs the cold tap pressure is great BUT THE hot tap's and shower just have no pressure, runs very slow.

So cant understand if it was a filter problem would it not affect all hot water taps :cry:

check the flow rates of the water from the hot taps, should be in the boiler manual around 9 to 12 litres per min, If different between up and downstairs then there must be some obstruction in the pipe going upstairs.

The flow rate for the only hot tap downstairs is great but upstairs the hot water flow rate is very poor at the w/h basin, bath and shower.

If it was a blockage what would be the best way to clear it, as I said in one of my last posts I tried draining the hot and cold pipes but no luck :confused:

Note/ Cold water pressure at all cold water taps is great.

Just a thought. :idea:

Does any one know if it would be safe to remove the hot water outlet pipe from the boiler feeding all hot taps and trying to blow back using a garden hose ?

Would this be wise to do :confused:

I wonder if the cold inlet into boiler is from the CWC in loft.

Don't have boiler in loft, don't have any tanks in loft, it's a sealed system on ground floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back